The Bureau of Fire Protection was created by virtue of RA 6975 primarily to perform the following functions: Be responsible for the prevention and suppression of all destructive fires on Building, houses and other structures, forest, land transportation vehicles and equipment, ships or vessels docked at piers or wharves anchored in major seaports, petroleum industry installations, plane crashes and other similar activities; Be responsible for the enforcement of the Fire Code of the Philippines (RA 9514) and other related laws; Shall have the power to investigate all causes of fires and if necessary, file the proper complaint with the city or provincial prosecutor who has jurisdiction of the case; In time of national emergency, all elements of the BFP shall upon direction of the President, assist the AFP in meeting the national emergency; and Shall establish at least one (1) fire station with adequate personnel, firefighting facilities and equipment in every provincial capital, city and municipality subject to standard rules and regulations as maybe promulgated by the DILG.
On June 9, 2011, the Secretary of the Interior and Local Government JESSE M. ROBREDO issued a Memorandum Circular re: the activation and operation of Central Fire Stations. The Bagabag Fire Station was designated / activated as one of the Central Fire Station of the province by the Bureau of Fire Protection Regional Office 2. Central Fiore Station refers to City/Municipal Fire Station nearest to municipalities without fire station and it shall be responsible for the implementation of the BFP mandates, interaction with its suburbs to maximize the level of responses for fire prevention, suppression, investigation and provision of emergency and rescue services.
At present the Office of the Municipal Fire Prevention Officer is located at the Municipal Hall, Poblacion, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya and has a strength of two (2) BFP personnel, namely; SFO2 Leodevico V Mina and SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr.
|No. of Establishment Inspected||
|No. of Fire Safety Inspection Conducted (Including re-inspection)||
|Fire Safety Inspection Certificate (FSIC) Issued||
|Notice to Comply (NTC) Issued||
|Notice to Correct Violation (NTCV) Issued||
|Building Plan Reviewed||
|Fire Safety Evaluation Certificate (FSEC)||
|No. of Fire/Earthquake drill conducted||
|No. of trainings/lectures conducted||
|No. of trained Volunteer Fire Brigade||
1 / 5
- On January 13 -15, 2011 SFO2 Leodevico V Mina, MFPO in this municipality together with the Provincial Fire Marshal conducted training on Disaster Management at Saint Mary’s University, Bayombong and Quezon, Nueva Vizcaya. The participants were 23 students of the aforementioned School.
2. On 22 January 2011, BFP personnel in this municipality conducted training/lecture on Basic Bandaging and Emergency Rescue and Transfer which was attended by members of Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response.
3. On 02 -04 February 2011 SFO2 Leodevico V Mina, MFPO in this municipality together with the Provincial Fire Marshal conducted training/seminar on Fire Prevention/Supression and Disaster Management at Bayombong and Quezon, Nueva Vizcaya, participated by 24 students of First Gateway Training Center, Bayombong Nueva Vizcaya.
4. On 05 February 2011, BFP personnel of this office conducted Refresher Training to the members of Villaverde Fire Volunteer and Emergency Rescue Team participated by 17 volunteers at the Municipal Town Hall, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
5. On 11 February 2011, the MFPO conducted lecture/seminar on Emergency Rescue & Transfer, bondaging, and rescue drill at the Eastern Luzon College, Bambang, Nueva Vizcaya with 91 participants.
6. On 17 February 2011, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr conducted lectures on disaster preparedness (earthquake) and earthquake drills at Bintawan Norte and Bintawan Sur Elementary Schools participated by 350 pupils & 13 teachers and 402 pupils & 16 teachers respectively.
7. On 17 – 19 February 2011, the MFPO of this office assisted the PFM in conducting Extreme Challenge/Challenge Valley as the highlight of the Ifugao Provincial Jamboree held at Asipulo, Ifugao participated by about 400 students/teachers.
8. BFP personnel of this office conducted lecture on disaster management during the conduct of Seminar/training of Brgy. Officials of the municipality of Villaverde, initiated by the MLGOO and LGU of said municipality, participated by 83 brgy. Officials, held at Verde Villa Resort, Bintawan Sur, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
9. On 11 & 25 February 2011 SFO2 Leodevico V Mina, MFPO in this municipality together with SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr conducted training/seminar on Fire Prevention/Supression and Emergency Rescue & Transfer participated by 23 VFBERT members, at Clisoc Field, Bayombong Nueva Vizcaya.
10. On 26 March 2011, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr conducted lecture on Fire Prevention and Suppression particularly Chemistry of Fire, Extinguishment and Stages of Fire Development participated by 38 Brgy. officials from the different barangays of Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya at Bagabag Fire Station – Nueva Vizcaya.
11. On 30 March 2011, Personnel of this office together with the VFBERT contingents participated the 8th Regional Fire Fighting Olympics held at Quirino Sports Complex, Capitol Hills, Cabarroguis, Quirino. The VFBERT still on top after the competition, the Champion for four consecutive years..
12. On 22 April 2011 BFP personnel of this municipality through the Villaverde Fire Brigade Response Team provided medical assistance during the highlight of the celebration of the Lenten Season.
13. On 4 May 2011, BFP personnel in this municipality together with the PFM, CINSP ALLAN M EBALLAR conducted training on Basic Water Safety at the Verde Villa Resort, Bintawan Sur, Villavede, Nuev Vizcaya.
14. On 191900H May 2011 BFP personnel of this office together with the Villaverde Fire Brigade Response Team (VFBERT) members gathered/assembled at the Municipal Hall for any possible eventualities during the passage of the typhoon.
15. On 18 May 2011 SFO2 Leodevico V Mina, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr together with the members of the Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response Team (VFBERT) provided emergency medical assistance/standby first aid and rescue team during the Mass Wedding conducted by the Municipal Mayor, Atty. Ronelie U. Valtoribio at the Verde Villa Resort, Bintawan Sur in this municipality and during the visit of Secretary Proceso Alcala of the Department of Agriculture particularly at Nagbitin Development Cooperative, Nagbitin, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
16. On 20 June 2011 BFP personnel and VFBERT members joined the Villaverde LGU family during the Jose Rizal 150th anniversary at the Municipal Hall. After the activity, said BFP personnel together with the Officers of the Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response Team conducted training on Emergency Rescue and Transfer to the new members of the Team and Refresher Training to members.
17. On 17 June 2011 BFP personnel of this municipality conducted lectures on Disaster Management to the selected residents of Brgy. Bintawan Sur, Brgy. Poblacion and Brgy Bintawan Norte at the Brgy. Hall of Bintawan Norte and selected residents of Brgy. Sawmill, Pieza, Ocapon and Nagbitin at the Sawmill Brgy. Hall coordinated by the Municipal Social Welfare and Development.
18. On 26 June 2011, BFP personnel conducted training on Water Rescue and Transfer at the Careb Bridge, Careb, Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya participated by the VFBERT and JR VFBERT members.
19. On 02 July 2011, BFP personnel conducted training on Water Safety at Verde Villa Resort, Bintawan Sur, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya to the 29 members of VFBERT & JRVFBERT.
20. On 07 – 08 July 2011, BFP personnel of this office attended the two (2) days on Formulation of Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Plan at Verde Villa Resort, Bintawan Sur, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
21. On 10 July 2011, the BFP personnel and VFBERT members conducted meeting and training on basic bandaging attended and participated in by 18 members of the JR VFBERT held at the Brgy. Hall of Poblacion, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
22. On 14 July 2011, BFP personnel of this office attended the CY-2011 First Semester Accomplishment Reporting conducted by the LGU, held at Verde Villa Resort, Bintawan Sur, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
23. On 190500H July 2011, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr together with the Bagabag BFP personnel responded to a vehicular accident particularly at Villaros, Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya wherein a forward loaded with tiles and cement going north collided at the road side along national highway.
24. On 202300H July 2011, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr together with the Bagabag BFP personnel responded to a fire incident at Nangalisan, Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya wherein a residential house was razed by fire.
25. On 27 July 2011, the BFP personnel, VFBERT members and several municipal employees conducted monitoring on the flood prone areas of the municipality during the passage of typhoon “JUANING”.
26. On 02 August 2011, BFP personnel of this office attended the 20th BFP Anniversary Celebration at the Quezon City Sports Club, E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Quezon City together with the Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response Team (VFBERT) president Brgy. Braulio R. Ocumen Jr. and Sanggunian Bayan member, Hon. Norbert C. Alvendia. During the said occasion, the VFBERT received a Plaque of Recognition from the bureau for their outstanding performance and/or invaluable and voluntary contributions to the BFP and to the community.
27. On 23-25 August 2011, the BFP personnel of this office conducted lecture/training on fire prevention and suppression, first aid, emergency rescue & transfer, rapelling and rescue training and evacuation drill at First Gateway Training Center, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya with 20 participants.
28. On 27 August 2011 BFP personnel and some VFBERT members participated the Mass Tree Planting Activity of the LGU Villaverde along Bintawan Riverbanks in support to the National Greening Program of the government and “Regreening of Villaverde Project (RVP): 555,555 trees by 2012 for the 55th Founding Anniversary of the town.
29. On 31 August 2011 the VFBERT members through the instruction of the BFP personnel of this office, provided assistance to the ongoing Medical Mission of the LGU Villaverde, held at Ibung, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
30. On 01-03 September 2011, BFP personnel of this office participated in the celebration of 54th Founding Anniversary of the LGU of Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya together with the LGU family, Brgy. officials, Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response Team (VFBERT) members, visitors and populace of the town.
31. On 15 – 17 September 2011, SFO2 Leodevico V Mina BFP, MFPO in this municipality attended a seminar on Reconciliation of Fire Code fees at Local Government Academy, Los Banos, Laguna.
32. On 20-22 September 2011, the MFPO of this municipality conducted training on Basic Swimming and Safety at FGTC Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya participated by 24 students.
33. On 27 September 2011, BFP personnel in this municipality conducted monitoring within AOR, conducted public address to the populace of flood prone areas regarding typhoon “Pedring” and conducted clearing operations along primary and secondary roads just after the onslaught of the typhoon.
34. On 28 September 2011, BFP personnel in this municipality continue conducting clearing operations along farm to markets roads within AOR.
35. On 30 September 2011, BFP personnel of this office attended Post Disaster Meeting at the Municipal Hall re: typhoon Pedring.
36. On November 1 & 2, 2011, SFO2 Leodevico V Mina and SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr together with the officers and members of the Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response Team (VFBERT) established Emergency Assistance Center at the Villaverde Municipal Cemetery, Poblacion, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
37. On November 3-7, 2011, the Provincial Fire Marshal, SFO2 Leodevico V Mina, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr and other BFP personnel conducted training/seminar on Basic Emergency and Disaster Management at the Cordillera Resort and Camp AGPAPER Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya participated by 22 students of Aldersgate College, Solano, Nueva Vizcaya.
38. On 24- 27 November 2011, the Provincial Fire Marshal together with SFO2 Leodevico V Mina, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr and other BFP personnel conducted training/seminar on Firemanship and Emergency Preparedness at Camp AGPAPER, Masoc, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya with more than 2,000 BSP participants.
39. On 14 December 2011 BFP personnel of this office conducted information dissemination regarding proper and/or safe handling and selling of fire crackers in celebration of the yuletide season attended by 92 brgy. tanod and brgy captains of the 9 brgys in this municipality.
40. On 09 December 2011 SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr conducted fire prevention and suppression lecture at the Brgy. hall of San Geronimo, Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya participated in by 22 brgy. officials/tanod.
41. On 24 December 2011, the MFPO in this municipality conducted public address to the different barangays of the municipality regarding proper handling of fire crackers.
42. On 01 December 2011, SFO1 Lope C Dipanio Jr together with the LGU employee conducted tree planting at Brgy. Bintawan Norte, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
43. On 06 – 13 December 2011, the MFPO together with the PFM conducted Basic Water Safety training during the Northern Luzon Jamboree held at Mareveles, Bataan participated in by about seven thousand campers.
44. Before the celebration of Christmas and New Year information disseminations were conducted within AOR re: proper handling or safety of fire crackers and pyrotechnics to avoid destructive fire and injury.
The Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response Team (VFBERT) was organized on 16 November 2007 particularly at Brgy. Plaza, Bintawan Sur, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya, just after the three (3) days training/Seminar on “BASIC FIRE FIGHTING, EMERGENCY RESCUE AND TRANSFER AND BASIC FIRST AID conducted by the BUREAU OF FIRE PROTECTION personnel, headed by CINSP ALLAN M EBALLAR, the Provincial Fire Marshal of Nueva Vizcaya, participated by Barangay officials, tanods, health workers and others. The organization was realized through support of the Local Government Unit as well as collaborative effort of the Municipal Fire Prevention Officer; SFO2 Leodevico V Mina, the Program Director of First Gateway Training Center and newly elected Sangguniang Bayan member, Hon. Norbert C. Alvendia and concerned populace of Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
The primary aims in the organization of VFBERT are the following:
- Promote, encourage and strengthen the spirit of volunteerism among the populace.
- Equip/train every member with first hand/Basic Fire Fighting Techniques, Basic First Aid and Emergency Rescue and Transfer.
- Develop an efficient and responsive Volunteer Fire Brigade and Emergency Rescue Team in case of fire and other disasters occur, especially there is no Fire Station in the municipality.
- As volunteer group it is expected, that the VFBERT will actively support the Programs, Projects and Activities of the LGU towards the realization of its Vision and Mission.
The first set of officers of the newly organized Volunteer Fire Brigade.
President : Franklin Val V. Bajo
Vice President : Braulio R. Ocumen, Jr.
Secretary : Lylahnie M. Jacinto
Treasurer : Joemar V. Jimenes
PIO : Rufino M. Morales, JR.
Olive L. Hernandez
Auditor : Denver O. Alvendia
Business Managers : Erwin B. Alvendia Jocelyn B. Cabulag
Josue P. Santos
Induction of Officers
The first set of VFBERT officers was inducted by Hon. Esmenio S. Bajo, the former Municipal Mayor just after the election of Officers on and at the above stated date and place. Some members of Sangguniang Bayan have witness the induction, Hon. Demetria P. Quines, Hon. Danilo E. Duro and Jose E. Dacanay, together with the personnel of the BFP and participants of said training. Initially, there are 55 members of the VFBERT.
The New Set of Officers
On 22 January 2011, new set of VFBERT Officers was elected held at Brgy. Plaza, Poblacion, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya. The newly elected officers are;
President : Braulio R. Ocumen, Jr.
Vice President : Edwin S. Marana, Jr.
Secretary : Lylahnie M. Jacinto
Treasurer : Joemar V. Jimenez
Auditor : Melanie J. Sanez
PIO : Rufino M. Morales, Jr.
Bus. Managers : Robinson Z. Carbonel
: Amado B. Saludares
: Amie B. Guillermo
Recognition, Awards and Commendations
For more than three (3) years of existence the VFBERT is not only active in community volunteer services but also in sports, particularly fire fighting and Rescue and Transfer competition. Being the overall champion in the Provincial Fire Olympic, the Team represented the province of Nueva Vizcaya for 4 consecutive years in the Annual Regional Fire Olympics or competition held in different Provinces, participated by uniformed personnel of the Bureau of Fire Protection and Volunteer Fire Brigade region wide. On said competition, the Team successfully hurdle the competition with the following award.
- REGIONAL LEVEL DATE AWARD
- BFP, Regional Fire Olympics March 28, 2008 Over all Champion
Cagayan Sports Complex, (VFB)
- BFP, Regional Fire Olympics March 31, 2009 Over all Champion
Alibago Sports Complex, (VFP)
Alibago, Ilagan, Isabela
- BFP, Regional Olympics March 28, 2010 Over all Champion
Clisoc Field, Bayombong, (VFP)
- BFP, Regional Olympics March 30, 2011 Over all Champion
Quirino Sports Complex, (VFP)
Capitol Hills, Cabarroguis, Quirino
- Provincial Level
- BFP, Provincial Fire Olympic March 7, 2008 Over all Champion
- BFP, Provincial Fire Olympic March 2, 2009 Over all Champion
For four (4) Consecutive years from 2008-2011, the VFBERT was the Regional Over all Champion in the VFB category.
Aside from the above mentioned awards, the team also is a recipient of other several recognitions and commendations such as Volunteer of the Year and the likes. Trophies of the VFB were displayed at the Office of the Municipal Fire Marshal and at the lobby of the Municipal Hall, Poblacion, Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya.
To develop skills, confidence as well as efficiency in responding emergencies, majority of the VFBERT members, including new recruits/members consistently undergoing continuing trainings/seminars on Fire Fighting, Rescue and Transfer, First Aid as well as Water Safety conducted by the Bureau of Fire Protection personnel. These are:
TRAINING/SEMINAR VENUE DATE
- Basic Fire Fighting, Emergency Rescue Brgy. Plaza, Bintawan Sur, Nov. 14-16, 2007
And Transfer and Bandaging Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya
- Basic Swimming and Water Rescue Careb, Bagabag, Nueva February 16, 2008
- Rappelling and Water Rescue Careb Bridge, Careb, July 13, 2008
Bagabag, Nuea Vizcaya
- Basic Fire Fighting and Rescue Brgy. Plaza, Pieza, January 11, 2009
Operation Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya
- Emergency Rescue & Transfer Bintawan South E/S February 1, 8 & 15, 2009
And Bandaging Bintawan Sur, Villaverde, N. V.
- Carries and Bandaging Bintawan South E/S & March 1, 22 & 29,
Municipal Hall Compound 2009
*Some trainings/seminars that have been undergone are not yet included here.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITY INVOLVEMENT AND EMERGENCY RESCUE SERVICES
The VFBERT is enthusiastically participated festivities in the community, attended Monthly Flag Raising Ceremony at the Municipal Hall, Fire Prevention Campaign and others. It also responded several emergencies, to name some;
Date Incident/Services Victim/Address
Nov. 16, 2007 Vehicular accident along the Provincial Road/ Mario Callejo/Bintawan
Secured the area, bandaged & brought the Norte, Villaverde, N.Viz.
victim to MMG Hospital.
Dec. 28, 2007 Vehicular accident along Provincial Road/Secured Tayaban Family/Bintawan
the area & personal belongings of the victims, re- Norte, Villaverde, N.Viz.
ported the incident to the PNP and brought the
victims to the VRH.
March 15, 2008 Vehicular accident along the provincial road/brought Roldan Miguel/Bintawan
the victim to VRH. Sur, Villaverde, N.Viz.
April 13, 2008 Suspected heart ailment / hypertension. Informed Itang Gines, Bintawan
immediate family, reported to Brgy. Capt. Toledo Norte, Villaverde,N.V.
and brought the victim to MMG Hospital.
*Several responded incidents are not yet included here.
The achievements of the VFBERT, to include the recognitions and awards received may not be possible without the collaborative and unselfish efforts of concerned offices and individuals who acknowledge the necessity of a Fire Volunteer and Rescue Group. The VFBERT members, who made themselves available during meeting, trainings/seminars, competition, especially during the onslaught of any catastrophe. The LGU of Villaverde, for the continuous support to the group from the beginning to present. Those several individuals are always willing to extend their helping hands every time the Volunteer Group ask their assistance.
THE VFBERT AND THE NEW LGU LEADERSHIP
In June 2010, new set of political leaders took their oath of office. The newly elected but dedicated Municipal Mayor, Atty. Ronelie U. Valtoribio had demonstrated her full support as well as soundless inspiration to the volunteer group. Every request of the BFP/VFBERT for the success of any endeavor is being addressed carefully and promptly. The Local Chief Executive is very sensitive to the needs of those she is working with as well as aspirations of those she is working for- THE PEOPLE OF VILLAVERDE. “Sign of a prudent and promising leader”.
On 18 October 2010, during the typhoon “Juan”, the VFBERT and several municipal employees gathered in the Municipal Hall to respond to any eventualities that may occur due to the typhoon. The Local Chief Executive had seen the needs of the rescuers in times of calamity. Immediately, the LGU of Villaverde procured needed equipment, personal protective gears, first aid kit, water rescue gadgets and other facilities in responding disasters and other emergencies.
Building/Establishment inspected- 99
Building Plan Evaluated – 2
Business Permit Procured- 109
Notice to correct Issued- 63
Fire Safety Inspection Certificate issued- 36
Lectures/Seminars conducted – 41
Fire/Earthquake/Rescue Drill- 10
Fire Brigade trained- 28
Fire Code Fees collected- 25,023.68
The Villaverde Fire Brigade Emergency Response Team (VFBERT) received Certificate of Recognition as Volunteer Fire Brigade of the Year 2010 and Municipal Fire Prevention Officer of the Year 2010 during the Fire Service Recognition Day last 21 December 2010.