The Vision of Municipal Agriculture Office is in line with the vision of the municipality which is a developed satellite agro-industrial hub of Nueva Vizcaya that has attained agricultural self-sufficiency and agro-industrialization creating employment opportunities.
To attain this vision, the mission of the office is:
- To sustain food security in the locality by increasing food production and profitability of farmers.
- To teach farmers to be entrepreneurs in the field of farming, improving their quality of life.
- Different programs and projects are being planned and implemented in order to meet our vision and mission.CROPS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
A. Rice Development Program
5. Assisted 3 rice seed growers in the production of certified seeds.
6. Distributed 194 bags certified rice seed subsidy to farmers from January to March 15,2011 & 70 bags rice certified seeds from May to June, 2011 under direct purchase scheme and 191 certified seeds to farmers affected with typhoon Pedring and Quiel.
7. Conducted trainings on Organic fertilizer production to 2 recipient organizations of the Multi –
Composting Facilities (Shredder and Tea Brewer and African Night Crawler).
8. Assisted 3 organizations in the production of organic fertilizer (Vermi- composting and organic composting)
12. Requested and distributed 2,200 packs of Compost Fungal Activator to farmers a
media for organic composting.
13. Assisted in the conduct of Banana techno-demonstration in coordination with
NVSU and PCARRD/CVARRD.
14. Prepared and submitted roadmap for Rice self-sufficiency program for the year 2011 - 2016.
15. Submitted weekly/bi-monthly planting/harvesting reports and other related reports to the Department of Agriculture.
B. Corn Development Program
1. Established and conducted 4 Corn FLE Techno- Demonstrations for Dry season 2010-2011 and 4 TD for Wet season 2011 2. Conducted method demos on the different Package of Technology for Corn production (Dry season 2010 -2011) on the following
- a. Soil sampling
- b. Basal application of fertilizer (Organic and Inorganic)
- c. Bio-N mixing and application.
- d. Endo roots mixing and application
- e. Planting with proper distancing
- f. Herbicide spraying
- g. Urea booster mixing and application
- h. Side dressing /hilling up
- i. Pest and disease diagnosis
- j. Field day
- k. Harvesting & Post harvest operations
5. Assisted in the control of plant pest and diseases of corn.
6. Attended monthly meetings on Agri-Pinoy Corn Program.
7. Developed outstanding farmer for the Gawad Saka Search for Outstanding Agricultural Achievers CY 2011 and garnered 1st Place in the Provincial Level and 2nd place in the Regional Level.
8. Distributed 55 bags corn hybrid seeds to farmers affected with the typhoon Juan and 25 bags Cornworld Hybrid seeds to affected farmers of Pedring and Quiel.
9. Distributed 660 packs Bio – N on Corn
C. VEGETABLE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
1. Conducted updating of farmers’ master list
- Conducted technical briefing to recipients of vegetable seeds.
3. Distributed vegetable seeds to families with under nourished children in the 9 barangays.
D. LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
1. Conducted Vaccination
- a. Anti-Rabies 345 dogs
- b. Hemosept Vaccin 200 cattles and 125 carabaos
- c. Hog Cholera 2,000 piglets
- d. Avian Pest 5,000 birds
2. Conducted Deworming
- b. 243 carabao
- c. 1200 piglets
- d. 186 goats
3. Conducted Castration
- a. 150 Cattles
- b. 457 piglets
- c. 15 goats
4. Conducted Fecalysis
- a. 28 cattles
- b. 23 carabaos
5. Conducted Artificial Insemination
- a. 19 carabaos
- b. 7 cattles
- c. Film Showing/ Training on Anti Rabies
- d. Our Lady of Fatima High School
- e. Bintawan National High School
- f. Ocapon Elementary School
- g. Cabuluan Elementary School
- h. Monitor Animal Dispersals
- i. 20 farmer recipients with 20 dispersals
6. Updated inventory of poultry and livestock
7. Assisted in the formulation of the Municipal Agriculture and Development Plan for
the year 2012-2016.
E. FISHERY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
1. Dispersed and monitored 150,000 dispersed tilapia and carp fingerlings.
- a. Polyculture of tilapia, carp and Hito
- b. Pangasius pond culture
- c. Tilapia cum duck weed
- d. Rice fish culture
- e. Fish terraces
3. Submitted production reports
4. Conducted information drive on the promotion of Fishery Programs of the DA- Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources at Bintawan National High School.
F. MUNICIPAL AGRICULTURE AND FISHERY COUNCIL
1. Conducted mobile monthly joint meeting of MAFC/BAFC.
2. Monitored carabao dispersal projects
3. Distributed 100 coconut seedlings
4. Participated in the evaluation of the Search for OUTSTANDING PAFC
5. Attended PAFC monthly meetings.
6. Monitored DA assisted projects.
7. Submitted resolutions for approval of the Regional and National agencies.
G. FARM AND HOME RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. Re-organized 3 RIC organizations
2. Re-organized 4H clubs
3. Conducted livelihood trainings
- a. Flower arrangement
- b. Bed setting
- c. Meat processing
- d. Food Processing – Native cakes
- e. Flower making out of corn husks
4. Attended the Regional Farm Family Achievement Day
- a. Second Placer in Kakanin Cook Fest.
- b. Participated in ball games
5. Dispersed 2 piglets to 4H Club members
6. Assisted 4 – H club member Mr. Melvin Tabangay of Bintawan National High School in the preparation and presentation of Business Plan at Brixton Mall, Tuguegarao City. He garnered 3rd prize with a cash prize of P5,000 Php.
H. OTHER ACTIVITIES
1. Prepared and submitted resolutions and project proposals to the Department of Agriculture
- a. Multi-purpose drying pavements
- 2 MPDPs completed – Ibung and Bintawan Norte
- 2 MPDPs on going
- 1 Palay shed on- going
- b. Cementing of Farm to market roads
- c. Carabao Dispersal for the Villaverde Rural Workers Association.
2. Promoted agri- products of the municipality during the Ammungan Festival
3. Distributed reading materials to farmers thru the operation of the Farmers Information Technology Service
CY 2010 ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT
With the full support of municipal and barangay, Local Government Unit of Villaverde, and proper coordination with the national agencies like the Department of Agriculture and attached agencies, the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Bureau of Soils and Water Management, and Bureau of Agricultural Research, the Philippine Council for Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCARRD), Cagayan Valley Agriculture and Resources Research and Development Consortium (CVARRD), the programs projects planned in the Municipal Agriculture Annual Investment Plan was successfully implemented.
- STRATEGIES OF IMPLEMENTATION
- Conduct of information drives on the different programs and projects to be implemented during the year.
- Conduct of farmers meeting, seminars, trainings on the latest package of technology and best practices to be adopted by farmers.
- Conduct of technology demonstration, field days as showcase of the best practices in food production.
- Updates master list of farmers every cropping season.
- Conduct of field and home visits to farmer cooperators.
- Conducted information drives on rat management, integrated nutrient management and brown plant hopper management in the nine (9) barangays of the municipality.
- Conducted techno-demonstrations on the best practices to improve and
increase rice production.
- Conducted Agricultural Technologies techno demonstrations.
- Distributed 1,499 bags of certified rice seed subsidy to farmers for wet season 2010 and 215 bags for the month of December, 2010.
- Distributed 1,900 packs of Bio-N for rice to different farmers of the municipality.
- Distributed 720 packs of Compost Fungal Activator to different farmers of the municipality.
- Distributed 750 packs of Zinc sulfate to farmers of the municipality.
- Updated master list of rice farmers at the beginning of each cropping season.
- Conduct pest and disease management.
- Assisted three (3) seed growers in the production of certified seed.
- Assisted in the assessment and control of rat damage.
- Conducted five (5) Farmer Led Extensionist techno-demonstrations on rice for wet season 2010 and dry season 2010-2011.
- Distributed zinc phosphide to control rat incidence in the municipality.
CORN PRODUCTION PROGRAM
- Conducted four (4) Farmer led Extensionist techno-demontrations for wet season 2010 and dry season 2010-2011.
- Conducted home and field visits to farmer cooperators.
- Conducted techno-demonstrations on sweet corn during the wet season 2010 and dry season 2011-2011.
- Conducted Gulayan sa Barangay in corn areas in coordination with the East West Seed Company.
- Updated masterlist of farmers at the start of every cropping season.
VEGETABLE PRODUCTION PROGRAM:
- Distributed vegetable seeds from the Department of Agriculture in cluster areas at Bintawan Sur, Bintawan Norte, Poblacion, Ibung and Pieza.
- Distributed vegetable seeds from the Department of Agriculture, Region 02 thru the office of the Provincidl Governor/Provincial Agriculture Office, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya.
- Monitored vegetables planted and gather production data within the cluster and non-cluster areas.
LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM:
- Conducted vaccination on large and small animals
- Conducted anti rabies vaccination on dogs.
- Conducted fecal collection on large animals and submit for analysis
- Conducted castration
- Conducted injection of iron to piglets
- Conducted branding of large cattle in coordination with the treasurer’s office
- Conducted injection of vitamins to small and large animals
- Conducted film showing
FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Distributed 100,000 tilapia fingerlings to fishpond operators during the founding anniversary of the municipality.
- Distributed 200,000 tilapia fingerlings to fishpond operators who have not availed fingerlings during the founding anniversary and to communal bodies of water.
- Conducted techno-demo on mono culture of tilapia.
- Conducted techno-demo on poly culture (tilapia – carp – hito combination)
FARMERS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES:
- Distributed reading materials to farmers
- Reproduce reading materials for the FITS center
- Conducted techno-demonstrations on banana production
- Conducted profiling of farmers in the municipality
- Attendance of FITS manager, ISS and TSS to various trainings
MUNICIPAL AGRICULTURE AND FISHERY COUNCIL
- Conducted mobile monthly and special meetings
- Conducted management trainings of officers and members
- Conducted resolution on making training
- Attendance on MAFC chairperson and coordinator to PAFC mobile meetings
- Attendance of MAFC chairperson and coordinator to different trainings called for by PAFC and RAFC
- Establishment of Corn Cob dryer at barangay Nagbitin
- Establishment of Packaging House at barangay Ibung
- Establishment of Multi-Commodity Solar Tunnel dryer at barangay Poblacion
- Distributed 10 rolls of sakolin to FLE for use of farmers in the cluster areas and non-cluster areas.